for some peppermint bark! i guess i will get things rolling on here. so excited it's december- what a perfect month to start recipe sharing! and since we have all been talking about the peppermint bark i thought i would post the official recipe...
1 bag of white chocolate chips (or milk chocolate as shown in picture)
About 20 pieces of "starlight peppermints" (or candy canes)yep that's it!
1. Unwrap all the mints and put them in a ziploc bag. Smash them with a hammer! Leaving some chunkier pieces to sprinkle on the top.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (at 1/2 power) for 2 1/2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir them.
3. Once chocolate is nice and runny mix in about half of the mints.
4. Pour on wax paper-lined jelly roll pan and spread thin with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle remaining mints on top, lightly pressing them into the chocolate with the palm of your hand.
6. Place in fridge until hard (about 10 minutes) and break into bitesize pieces.
can't wait to enjoy all your yummy recipes and see your beautiful "food art!"