1 cube of butter
Saturday, December 15, 2007
1 cube of butter
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Pico de Gallo:
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 small onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon balsalmic vinegar
cilantro (1 handful if chopped fresh, 1/3 palmful if dried)
salt and pepper
dice tomatoes and onions up small. add olive oil, vinegar, cilantro, and salt and pepper. mix it all up and enjoy!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
1 lb. hamburger
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
1 12 oz. can tomato paste
1 can tomato soup
1/2 - 1 c. water
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
garlic salt to taste
pepper to taste
Brown hamburger with sprinkle of garlic salt. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Simmer 20 minutes covered.
Boil 6 lasagna noodles and drain. Set aside.
1 pint large curd cottage cheese
1 c. parmesan "shaker" cheese
1 lb. mozerella cheese (leave about 1 cup for topping)
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 min. Sprinkle on remaining mozerella cheese! YUM!
Monday, December 10, 2007
1 Pkg shell macaroni (8oz)
1 can of sloppy Joe mix ( you can use the packaged kind and follow the directions on that)
1/2 pound hamburger ( I use turkey burger to be healthier and know one even knows)
1 16oz carton low fat cottage cheese
1-2 cups Cheddar cheese
preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni and drain. Meanwhile prepare meat and add the sloppy Joe mix. Add cottage cheese to the meat and sloppy Joe mix. In a casserole pan add half macaroni then half the meat mix on top. repeat. top with the cheese. bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.
- this is usually a lot of food so i cut it in half or just eyeball it so i only have about 3-4 servings. It makes great leftovers.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
1 bag of white chocolate chips (or milk chocolate as shown in picture)
About 20 pieces of "starlight peppermints" (or candy canes)yep that's it!
1. Unwrap all the mints and put them in a ziploc bag. Smash them with a hammer! Leaving some chunkier pieces to sprinkle on the top.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (at 1/2 power) for 2 1/2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir them.
3. Once chocolate is nice and runny mix in about half of the mints.
4. Pour on wax paper-lined jelly roll pan and spread thin with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle remaining mints on top, lightly pressing them into the chocolate with the palm of your hand.
6. Place in fridge until hard (about 10 minutes) and break into bitesize pieces.
can't wait to enjoy all your yummy recipes and see your beautiful "food art!"