Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pizza Crust


This is the recipe I used for Girls Night at Jamie's a few months ago. We're eating it tonight so I thought I'd share!


Combine: 1 Tbs yeast

1 C. warm water

1 tsp sugar


Add: 1 tsp salt

2 Tbs vegetable oil

2 1/2 C flour


Mix together, knead with hand and let rise 10 minutes. Roll out onto pizza pan, poke holes with fork. Pre-cook five minutes, add sauce and toppings and cook for remaining 20-25 minutes.

Sauce:

My favorite sauce is Hannaford brand roasted garlic but this is a good homemade recipe:


14.5 oz diced tomatoes

14.5 oz tomato sauce

1 C. chopped onion

2 Tbs dried basil

2 tsp dried oregano

2 Tbs sugar

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp pepper


Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is tender. This makes enough sauce for 2-4 pizzas, depending on how much sauce you like. You can freeze the remaining sauce in zip-lock bags, each bag containing enough sauce for one pizza.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

We make pizza at least once a week, can't wait to try the new dough recipe. I normally use olive oil, but I'll try the veg oil instead. At what temp do you bake the pizza?

Liz said...

oh yeah...bake the pizza at 350. thanks meredith!

Jeni said...

Hey can I get in on this?...I've taken some pictures of some pretty tasty meals lately.