Monday, September 14, 2009

"healthy" fried rice


this recipe comes straight out of parents magazine, so you know it's easy! and sophie loves the scrambled eggs in this one which makes me happy.


ingredients:

1 8.8-oz. uncle ben's package cooked brown rice (see picture)
1 16-oz. pkg. mixed frozen vegetables (peas, corn, green beans, carrots)
1 cup frozen peppers-and-onion stir-fry vegetables
4 tsp. canola oil, divided
3 eggs
3 Tbs. stir-fry sauce (i like the kikkoman brand)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
lime wedges (i didn't like this though)


directions:
heat 2 tsp. canola oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium. whisk eggs and add to the skillet. cook, stirring occasionally to break up eggs, until set. remove from pan. add remaning 2 tsp. oil to the skillet and then increase the heat to medium-high. stir in the frozen vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until tender.

add stir-fry sauce and crushed red pepper to the skillet. stir in rice and heat through, then mix in the cooked eggs. squeeze lime juice on for extra flavor (like i said, i didn't really get this flavor with everything else, but you might like it).
yum. yum. yum.

3 comments:

Liz said...

haha, i saw this recipe in there and marked it for me to make sometime. thanks for doing that for me. now i know it's good. hey, i miss all of you!

anonymous said...

Today I'm so happy because of what DR ISIKOLO has done to my life. his spell is so great and fast, i have never really see a helpful man like him, he solved my problem i didn't expect, i got his contact and contacted him he responded immediately and ask about my problem i explain to him with tears, he told me contacting him i should not be worried my husband will come back to me as far i still love him, i was amaze. Immediately i ask what will i do to get my husband back, he gave me instructions and ask for his name and picture which immediately i complied, he promise me two days my husband will call me to believe about his work, Honestly speaking my husband called but i miss his calls i was so happy. He promise me my husband will come back home within 48 hour and i should open my hearth and work with him which i did. Today my family is back again with the help of DR ISIKOLO. today i promise to share and tell the world about his great work because I'm so happy today. contact Him If You Need His Help Too, Ignore if You Don't. Thanks DR ISIKOLO,,"CONTACT Via Email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com. You Can Also Call Him Or WhatsApp him: +1(725)240-4536

Anonymous said...

I’m recommending a verified and trusted trader for those who would like to learn and earn extra money weekly on C R Y P T O C U R R E N C Y trading ,for example with an investment Worth of $500 you can earn $3500 to $4500 weekly

Withdrawals are processed when due

100% Genuine and Reliable

To set up an investment contact on

Whats-App: +27633586789
E-mail: wilsontradeszone@gmail.com