Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Orange Chicken

Ok girls I made this one up so feel free to edit it anyway you want when cooking. It turned out better then I thought, but I would love to hear what you added or did different.

I use Honey Orange BBQ sauce from Stop and Shop, I am not sure the brand but I will find out. I use one whole one for us so you might want to buy an extra until you figure out what works best for you.
* first I cut up some chicken into bit size pieces and put in a bowl full of the honey orange sauce.
I put that together at lunch and put it back in the fridge until I was ready to cook at dinner
( I don't know if it makes a difference I am sure it would taste the same if you didn't marinate it)
* When ready to cook put bread crumbs into a plastic bag add bowl of chicken with sauce to bag.
coat chicken completely with bread crumbs. You can add more sauce if you need to.
* Put breaded chicken on cookie sheet and bake on 350 degrees for about 15 min. or until
chicken is cooked through.
* while the chicken is cooking put Honey orange sauce in a frying pan on medium to high heat.
(cover the bottom of the pan) I put snow peas and cut up red pepper in the sauce and cooked
until tender.
* If you need to add some more sauce to pan and add chicken when done, fry the chicken in the
frying pan until it is completely coated with sauce.
* when done put chicken mixture on top of rice, I usually drizzle some orange sauce over the rice
and chicken before serving.

I promise it's easy and tastes yummy! have fun making!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, move over Martha. Sounds yummo!

Liz said...

i am so happy you said yummo, mere!

Jennie said...

yes! i was hoping you would share the goodness!