Thursday, March 6, 2008

BBQ Beef Sandwiches

So Sunday I went all out and made the classic Sunday dinner, complete w/ roast, potatoes and gravy and homemade rolls....yum! But I'm the type that only likes to eat a meal, maybe, twice or three times max before I'm good and sick of it. So what do you do when Tuesday rolls around and you still have left over rolls and pot roast? BBQ Beef Sandwiches my friends! Easy, delicious, and good as new!

I started by grating up six or seven baby carrots and thin slicing a small yellow onion and half a red pepper. While those were cooking in a skillet w/ olive oil and a little crushed garlic (maybe a tbsp worth) I shredded up what was left of my pot roast. Once the onions got clear I sprinkled on 1/2 tsp of sugar plus some salt and pepper. Add about 3 tbsp tomato sauce (mine was some chunky tomato puree) and at least the same amount of BBQ sauce. I put in the shredded beef, mixed it all up and let the flavors combine while I toasted our left over rolls in the broiler. Once the rolls are done toasting, put the sandwiches together, add a salad on the side and viola: that's dinner!

1 comment:

kristen said...

ok number one: yum. number two: you actually did this while you are pregnant? jen i'm so impressed- all that onion and garlicness... i would have been a goner. way to go!