Thursday, September 25, 2008

Favorite Pizza dough

So I'm breaking up the challenge as I've been very excited to put my first entry in. Kristen said she wanted the recipe, so here it is. It is actually the recipe that came with my bread maker which I sold before moving so I now do it by hand. If you have a bread maker, just put all ingredients in order listed, choose the dough setting and press start.

1 ½ cup water

1 ½ tsp salt

1 Tb sugar

2 Tb olive oil

4 ¼ cup white flour

2 tsp yeast

Stir salt, sugar and yeast into water and let sit about 5-8 min until it's a bit bubbly. Put flour in a bowl (I use my kitchen aid). Add olive oil to yeast mixture and add all at once to flour. Mix with dough hook or wooden spoon until it all comes together. Put on floured surface and kneed until smooth. Put in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for about an hour or until about double in size. Punch down and spread out on pizza pans. It makes 2-3 pizzas depending on how thick you like your crust. I like to make sure there is cheese on the crust, so you get that great bubbly, crunchy, cheesy crust. I'll post a photo the next time I make it.

No comments: