Saturday, November 6, 2010

What's on the Menu?

Whenever I know there's going to be a party, I may ask the who, where and when immediately like I should but the first thing I really want to know is what are we eating?  Two weeks plus a couple and I know we're all sitting down to a huge old spread like this one.  And I wanna know, of course;  What are we eating, girls?

My family is pretty into food (may be where I get it?!), so with the clan heading to our place, I'm in obsessive planning mode.  We have a proposed menu that I've sent out for debate and approval to my foodie fam.  Here's the menu we've got in mind:

Appetizers
Cut Fruit Arrangement
Pumpkin Soup w/ Balsamic Apple and Onion Chutney
Butternut Squash Risotto

Main Course
Turkey
the Stuffing
Rolls
Potatoes and Gravy
Pan Roasted Veggies
Marshmallow Yams
Cranberry Sauce

Desserts
Pie (fruit or cream)
Chocolate Berry Trifle
Pumpkin Cheesecake

What are you all working up?  And really, someday, can the stars align sometime so we can have a big ol' feast together just for the fun of it please?  All in favor, say "AYE!"

No comments: